[mythtv-users] "Fast" wireless options?

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:37:15 UTC 2009

On 2/25/2009 8:18 PM, Matt wrote:
> I am looking for a way to get data to a FE so that HDTV is possible.
> The only reasonable way to get data to this location is using
> wireless.
>
> - Are there any 802.11n adapters that have reasonable support in Linux yet?
> - Are there any Wireless-N routers that are supported by OpenWRT so I
> can bridge them?
>
> Are there any other 'fast' wireless options for Linux?  I can get a
> cable to the FE, but I need some way to bridge the two wired segments
> with a really fast "wireless" segment.
>
> Thanks!

I have the WMP300N PCI in my mythtv machine and it works fairly well
with the ndiswrapper drivers and a linksys wireless N router. I can
stream 720p and 1080i for sure, but 1080p seems to depend on how the
computer feels that day.   Since my neighbors with what I would assume
was a baby monitor moved out I only have an occasional hiccup

Lee