[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Feb 26 11:25:16 UTC 2009

John P Poet wrote:
> Actually, Myth's BOB was awesome with my old interlaced TV.  Combine
> it with a 540p60 modeline, and the net result was the TV thinking it
> was being fed 1080i.  Result was the TV doing the deinterlacing --
> which at the time it could do much better than any method Myth had.
>
> This got around the problem with nVidia's drivers not being to produce
> a correct interlaced output.

That's a lovely trick. What I don't understand is how the TV locks up
on the correct field mod 2. You are sticking out Odd;Even;Odd;Even...
with the timing info of each being identical. How does the TV know
which to lock up on. If it gets out of sync, the fields will be
spatially reversed, which should look pretty bad (at least on a
true 1080 set).

Paul.