[mythtv-users] Suggestions for dual-headed configuration

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:52:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 5:16 AM, Richard Hartmann <
richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I decided to reply to this mail, but thanks to everyone who answered!
>
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:57, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe that the ConnectedMonitor xorg.conf option will allow you to
> force
> > an output on even if the monitor is not connected. Probably also have to
> use
> > the UseDisplayDevice option to ensure correct mapping of output to
> monitor.
>
> OK, that is the beef of what I was getting at. As Yan pointed out, nvidia
> cards
> test the outlets themselves instead of doing what I (try to) tell them in
> my
> xorg.conf and/or via xrandr.
> I'll google around with what you told me and try to make this work.
>

> Thanks!
> Richard

Do you want to have your TV disconnected or off?

If just off, it is likely it will be detected as connected.  Only if you
truly want to unplug it or switch it off with a cable switch would you need
to get the modline information and put a configuration in xorg to deal with
it not being there.

Allen