[mythtv-users] Suggestions for dual-headed configuration

Mon Feb 23 13:16:23 UTC 2009

I decided to reply to this mail, but thanks to everyone who answered!

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:57, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:

> I believe that the ConnectedMonitor xorg.conf option will allow you to force
> an output on even if the monitor is not connected. Probably also have to use
> the UseDisplayDevice option to ensure correct mapping of output to monitor.

OK, that is the beef of what I was getting at. As Yan pointed out, nvidia cards
test the outlets themselves instead of doing what I (try to) tell them in my
xorg.conf and/or via xrandr.
I'll google around with what you told me and try to make this work.

Thanks!
Richard

PS: If anyone has this in their configs, a quick email is appreciated :)