[mythtv-users] MythWeb streaming guides?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 18:03:58 UTC 2009

I'm not sure I was entirely clear in my post...

The issue has to do with remote clients (such as myself when I'm bored at work or travelling) playing video streams within the web browser than it has to do with grabbing video off a STB.  On my Mini (which runs Ubuntu and has VLC installed) the video starts playing after about 5 seconds (though the fast-forward/reverse controls are disabled, that's another issue).

In Windows, I get the following behavior:
- I can download (right click, save as) the files and they run in WMP, from the desktop, just fine--so there are no codec issues here.
- Attempting to stream them in Firefox brings up a screen that says "Video is loading..." and nothing happens after that.
- Attempting to stream them in IE7 brings up WMP.  WMP prompts for a username and password, and then when they are supplied, WMP says "Connecting..." and then nothing.
- Can load the URL in WMP.  Same results as above.

The windows box does have VLC installed as well as the VLC Plugin for firefox.  No dice.

I'm not sure how much of this has to do with configuring the client and how much of it has to do with mucking around with Apache to get it to stream the videos "correctly."

Any ideas?