[mythtv-users] rsync deleted source and destination while moving recordings to a new drive

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:21:01 UTC 2009

> Try this:
> http://linuxwebdev.blogspot.com/2005/06/xfs-undelete-howto-how-to-undelete.html
>
> not very promising, but it  maybe could help.

These are based on using strings or specific file characteristics like jpg
file headers to search and find files byte by byte based on specific
characteristics. But it will fail with fragmented files, it will find files
I deleted intentionally, and it won't recover file names (which are critical
in the mythtv recordings folder), So even if I could find some method of
detecting mpeg files, the other shortcomings would make it futile. Thanks
for the tip, I found them with Google and decided they weren't feasible for
my case.