[mythtv-users] Xbox FE - 0.21 playback config

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:58:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:12 AM, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have a second spare Xbox which I will play with tonight using alex
> fishers repo that has the 0.21 packages there for stock Xebian (I
> think).  Anyone else gone that route with success?

Just to close the loop, I upgraded my second Xbox using alex-fisher's
repo last night and it all went much more successfully and I have a
better performing system because of it.

I had to do the following...
update /etc/apt/sources.list to have the following...

deb http://archive.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
deb http://alexfisher.me.uk/debian sarge main
deb http://debian-multimedia.fx-services.com/ sarge main

apt-get update

apt-get install libmyth-0.21

remove the debian-multimedia line from the sources.list

apt-get remove mythmusic mythvideo

(mythmusic and mythvideo are not compiled in the alex-fisher repositories)

apt-get install mythtv-common mythtv-frontend mythtv-themes

Then I was good to go.  I changed to the CPU-- profile, since this
displayed the OSD much better than CPU+, which was selected by
default.

Hope that helps somebody???

Cheers,
Whytey