[mythtv-users] vdpau tearing

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:57:14 UTC 2009

,

>    Do you have OpenGL Vsync enabled in Mythtv TV Settings ? You might
> have to recompile if the option is not there. Also what video driver
> are you using ? If you are using NVIDIA you might want to enable the
> other vsync settings in the driver properties. This solved bad tearing
> that I was experiencing when watching a HD DVB-S broadcast and have
> not had any since.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave K.

Hi Dave,

Yes I do have opengl vsync enabled. I did not see the issue with
software, only with vdpau. I have noticed it also mentioned in another
post today as well so it is not just me which makes me feel better.

The tearing is not bad, it is very slight and only every now and again
but I notice it.

Cheers

Phil