[mythtv-users] vdpau tearing

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Feb 18 11:11:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, February 18, 2009 1:16 am, Phil Wild wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running the VDPAU backport generously made available by
> Jean-Yves. I switched to the testing release last night to see if it
> has made any difference.
>
> I am noticing some tearing ( I think that is the right word) about 1/4
> of the way down the screen. It is not there all the time but when I
> see it, it is always in the same spot.
>
> I am using the bob2x de-interlacing if that has any impact and I have
> an onboard 8300 chipset.
>
> My screen is set to 1920x1080_50Hz and I have this in my xorg.conf file
>
> Section "Extensions"
>     Option         "Composite" "Disable"
> EndSection
>

> Are other people experiencing this?

Hi Phil,

    Do you have OpenGL Vsync enabled in Mythtv TV Settings ? You might
have to recompile if the option is not there. Also what video driver
are you using ? If you are using NVIDIA you might want to enable the
other vsync settings in the driver properties. This solved bad tearing
that I was experiencing when watching a HD DVB-S broadcast and have
not had any since.

Regards

Dave K.