[mythtv-users] Can't Fetch Channels

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 03:31:33 UTC 2009

Well, I'm at a loss.

I am upgrading to a new system (MythDora 10.21).  I have two PVR-150
cards.  I bought a Zenith 901 set top box to deal with the DTV
conversion.  I have my schedules direct list edited based on what I
was able to receive with the Zenith STB plugged directly into the TV.

In MythTV Setup, I've done the following:

Step 3 - I've "Retrieved" my lineup.  The correct lineup is listed.
However, when I leave setup and come back to it, the name of the
lineup has changed to PC:ZIP where "ZIP" is my zip code.

Step 4 - Under input connections, I select my the one I'm using and
try to "Fetch channels from listing source".  The screen hangs for a
minute... then nothing happens.  No channels are fetched.

Scanning won't work for me given I have an external STB.

My internet connection is fine.

Any ideas?  I've been setting up channels manually, but it doesn't
seem to always work for all the channels and it's a royal PIA.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff