[mythtv-users] Leaving...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Feb 17 23:15:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, February 17, 2009 3:05 pm, Allen Edwards wrote:

> If you ask me, one problem with this list is the insistence on bottom
> posting.  I am on no other list that does this.

My guess is you don't subscribe to many lists, then.  Most I've been on
have an expressed preference for bottom posting.

> If you top post, trimming is not near the
> issue, it is still a good idea, but not near the issue.

No, it's still an issue.  Not for you, but for anyone who reads the list
in digest form and will have to page through all the un-trimmed text.
Forgetting to trim is a lot easier when you top-post.

> Less of an issue it the plain text issue.  I just refuse to go along with
> that so ban me.

Are you generally opposed to manners and etiquette, or only on the
Internet?  Do you go to parties and tell people that you refuse to go
along with using silverware?