[mythtv-users] Should I Upgrade Frontend from AMD 3200+ to AMD X2 3800+ (DualCore) ?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Feb 17 19:59:51 UTC 2009

> I'm sure this question has been asked about 1,000 times already on the
> list, but I throw it out there since it was brought up. Can you
> recommend a good low cost PCIe video card that support VDPAU. I don't

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121235

I've seen a few people saying it works well. Advanced deinterlacers
might stutter on 1080i, but it will play it back. Any Nvidia 8xxx or
9xxx will work. Look for fanless for a frontend, though I've got a BFG
9800 GT/OC in my main frontend and its fans don't get too loud. Bob 2x
should work on the slower 8400GS cards from reports on the list, and
they say it looks good as well. I've been playing with the
deinterlacers. I can tell some difference on my 720p set, but nothing
huge going to the more advanced ones. I'd be happy with Bob 2x on my
system.

There are even PCI based cards people are having good luck with.