[mythtv-users] SVN vdpau and hdpvr playback

Al McIntosh al at allanmcintosh.com
Tue Feb 17 02:37:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Al McIntosh <al at allanmcintosh.com> wrote:

> I have trunk rev 19825, NVIDIA x86_64-180.25.
>
> Does anyone else running SVN with vdpau notice when you select an hdpvr
> recording to watch, the audio begins but the screen is black, exit play
> back, then select the same recording and it plays back fine?

I updated to the following to SVN 19988 and Nvidia 180.29.

I also, added the following to xorg.conf

 Section "Monitor"
+    Option         "DPMS"
     Identifier     "Samsung LN46A-550"
     VendorName     "Unknown"
     ModelName      "Unknown"
     VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
 EndSection

+Section "ServerFlags"
+  Option "blank time" "0"
+  Option "standby time" "0"
+  Option "suspend time" "0"
+  Option "off time" "0"
+EndSection

I noticed video playback would fail attempting watch a recording when
turning on the TV after a long period of time.  The PC acted as though it
were waking from a VGA suspend or off. In anycase, it's a been a few days
since I have had a failed playback with the above changes.

Thanks everyone,
Al