[mythtv-users] Why cant we make a STB?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 15 15:14:12 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> Also from my experience satellite and cable company STBs do reboot
> themselves every once and a while this is probably for updates and
> such but I think a planned reboot at 3AM once a week would not hurt.

There will always be people, especially when having to deal with a
larger pool of consumers, that have their favorite show at that time.
That is what I already wrote in my first response in this thread.

Whenever I can simulate the '1 tuner, 1 multiplex, 3 channels' setup on
my spare system I can run valgrind.
So can I fake a tuner somehow? Or a whole multiplex?

Udo