[mythtv-users] Wrong channel tuned on HDHR

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 22:37:02 UTC 2009

jr wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> OK, so I have a pcHDTV5500 card and an HDHomerun.  My local ABC HD affiliate
>> is channel 231.  The digital side of the pcHDTV5500 card tunes it fine but
>> when I try to tune it in Myth from the HDHR, I get another channel.  Here's
>> what the channel info in Mythweb shows (sourceid 2 is my pcHDTV5500; 5 is my
>> HDHR):
>>
>> SourceID   xmltvid   channum   callsign       name           freqid
>>  finetune
>> 2                  19612   231         WPVIDT   WPVIDT   113       0
>> 5                  19612   231         WPVIDT   WPVIDT   113       2
>>
>> I tried changing the "finetune" value for sourceid 5 to 0 but it didn't make
>> any difference.  On my Windows box, I go into the HDHR setup and that
>> channel shows up as 113-1, and I can tune it properly.  Obviously I have
>> something mismatched, so I thought I'd post this and see if anyone has any
>> thoughts.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harry

> Harry,
> I am futzing around with my channel table against a snafu with HDHR
> myself..  Are you restarting the backend when you make changes?
> Changes don't show unless you do.
>
> jr

I hadn't done that, but I just tried it and it didn't make any
difference.  Here's the odd thing:  It looks like 2 of my channels are
switched some how.  Let me explain:

Channel 231 is the local ABC HD channel and Channel 248 is a
weather-only NBC channel.  When I tune 231 or 248 on my pcHDTV5500 card,
I get the proper channels.  If I change the input by pressing Y, I get
the other channel.  Being on 231 shows 248 content, yet the OSD shows
231's program info.  Conversely, going to 248 shows 231 content but
248's program info.

What else should I be looking at?  I'll try and rescan later on the HDHR
inputs to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Harry