[mythtv-users] mt2060 I2C read failed, Nova-T 500, lotīs of strange errors.

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Feb 11 07:45:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 08:36 +0100, Henrik Beckman wrote:
> Olly,
>
> You donīt happen to have bad/low reception?
> Adding ~1000ms on opening the card(s) in myth-setup and not running
> EIT
> is/was two ways to avoid the I2C problems.
>
> Also on 8.10 IIRC and the DVB-T code tree is *maybe* four months old,
> remeber the I2C being marked as fixed then, need to check if loads
> firmware
> is 1.20 or 1.10.

Indeed, after 8.10 got released, the 1.20 firmware was made available.
It fixes a lot around I2C, then the driver's code was changed to use
better I2C methods (Devin Heitmueller's work).

So, now, with a recent tree, you can be as aggressive as you wish with
your card and do EIT without hiccups.

Nico