[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTv still competitive ?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 04:34:03 UTC 2009

I know this is not for everyone but in 2004 I moved to using linux as
my main (and 3.5 years only) operating system at home (in part because
of mythtv) so in this case my master backend is my main home
development box so the $425 (with help from microsoft live.com) I
spent on my new system (Intel Q9550 + Asus P5q Pro + 6GB DDR2 + Antec
650W 80+ PS) was only partly for myth. MythTV does not need that kind
of power even in HD.

With that said the 7 hard drives that I have are mostly for mythtv.
Good thing these are so cheap now.

John