[mythtv-users] errors running mythfilldatabase uk

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:36:56 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009, Stephen Kitchener <stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>  If I make install the new xmltv will it place the required files in the same
>  place as the rpm version, I am running an old mythtv version 20 on fedora 7
>  by the way, do I need to make any backups of config filels ??, will it just
>  drop in ??

If the RPM version put the grabber files in /usr/bin, build the XMLTV
source with

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/
make
make install

*I* would remove the XMLTV RPMs first before installing from source to
ensure there are no stale files left behind. Your config file(s)
should be left untouched and should continue to work with the new
version of XMLTV.

Newer versions of the grabber rely on some perl modules that might not
be installed on your system - you will be advised of this during the
build process. They can be installed via CPAN.

It might also be possible to download the XMLTV packages for a
supported version of Fedora from atrpms.net and use those instead of
building from source. However, this is not a supported method so YMMV!

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: