[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Why can I pretend to change the volume if internal controls are disabled?

Ben Coleman arrikhan_mail at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 7 06:29:19 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> says:
>
>>> I'm going to write up a patch to fix this but I wanted to get some
>>> feedback about how to handle the response.
>>>
>>> I'm leaning towards #1, but want to hear what the users / devs think.
>>>
>> Unmap the "volume button" on your remote from MythTV and map it to you
>> receiver.
>>

> No, I hear what Andrew's saying; note he says "pretend to change" and
> "volume button in Myth."
>
> In my case, I also disabled MythTV's internal volume controls and
> (very gladly) have used my receiver's volume controls since moving to
> S/PDIF. The internal volume controls' OSD still appears on the
> screen--even if useless--if I push [, ], and | on my wireless
> keyboard, however.
>
> Andrew, I agree that this is a (very very very minor) bug and one, I'm
> sure, that the developers would welcome a patch for. Go with your urge
> toward option #1; the world doesn't need yet another pop-up reminder.

The common theme seems to be coming through the suggests there is some
notification.

Sounds like the way to go is to have a little remote with a circle/cross
through it popup briefly in the bottom right corner (or similar) to
signify invalid remote request, but then there are probably other
circumstances the same should be done. Would be a cool addition !

BC.