[mythtv-users] sound problems, glitches due to bad reception

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:19:54 UTC 2009

Hi,
Sorry if this is a thoroughly discussed topic.

I have less than stellar DVB-T reception, this causes occasional glitches in
audio.
Bigger glitches or multiple glitches causes audio and video to be loose
sync, a simple PAUSE and PLAY resyncs the streams.
I´ve enable  with extra audio buffering/DecodeExtraAudio this is a must have
to decode  HD for me, without buffering a HD decoding thread never recives
more than 68% CPU time, that´s less than the 200% that is needed. Since my
TV overscans I could be ff when I´m on but I´m quite certain I´m on =)

This is on Ubuntu 7.10, Q9300, 4GB RAM, Abit - I-N73HD. Soundcard is a USB
to optical "sinovoice" generic USB audio device.
As a last resort if it´s a probable solution, I could enable the onboard
sound (Realtek ALC888) but I rather keep my trusty USB.

/Henrik