[mythtv-users] Good video card with HDMI out?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Feb 4 17:10:19 UTC 2009

Calvin Harrigan wrote:

> Isn't the atmosphere almost 80% nitrogen anyway? Unless it's vacuum
> sealed it's pointless, even more so than being injected in the first place.
> Sheesh, we've become all too gullible/stupid...

I think the important point is not the 80% Nitrogen in the atmosphere, but the
Oxygen/water vapour fraction which could cause corrosion if it were present in
the cable. Allegedly. Injecting pure Nitrogen ought to ensure minimal corrosion.

However, we aren't sending a probe to the Moon or Mars, we just don't need that
kind of reliability. It's only TV. I'll live with what I've got, thanks.

--

Mike Perkins