[mythtv-users] hdhomerun trouble with 0.22-198_trunk_r19114

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Feb 2 19:12:38 UTC 2009

Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 21:43 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>
>> If your hdhomerun is pingable but cannot be contacted by
>> hdhomerun_config or myth, you probably have a firewall problem.
>
> But I switched myth versions without a reboot. So the firewall didn't
> change and everything worked with the older myth.

I'm not sure that that means anything under the circumstances.
This myth is a new session.

Have you tried running 'iptables -F' in console followed by
'hdhomerun_config discover' ?

If the unit is pingable, the hardware works and is responding to certain
packets. If myth cannot find it, then myth's packets are not getting
through....Therefore check the firewall..QED

Geoff