[mythtv-users] New MythTV setup and HDTV

Alex Crane agreycrane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 03:01:12 UTC 2009

I am looking to jump back on the MythTV bus and I am trying to figure out
what equipment I need to get or if what I would like to do is even possible.
I have read the archives and done google searches and am still coming up
short.

I have neither purchased any equipment nor committed to a provider yet so
anything is fair game.

My options are Comcast, DirecTV, and DishNetwork. I would like to be able to
record whatever channels I get (HD and non-HD).

I understand that I will need to use the STB from which ever of these
providers I choose, and I believe from my previous experience with MythTV
that some of these STBs can be controlled via Firewire, USB, or Serial?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

-Alex