[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 30 02:50:22 UTC 2009

On 12/29/2009 09:38 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> As an aside, none of us writing themes are UI experts/professionals.

Unless some UI experts/professionals have taken up the challenge of the
MythTV theming contest but haven't mentioned it to us, yet...

> We all endeavour to walk the balance between what we like and (if we
> publish the theme) what others will like.  You don't need any coding
> experience whatsoever to write a theme, you just need time, so the
> barrier to entry is very low indeed.  If you feel that the usability
> under the new UI is suffering, *please* take matters into your own
> hands and make it behave as you think it should-- no C++ required.

And now--of all times--is a /great/ time to do a theme, as you can win
wonderful prizes for doing so:

http://www.mythtv.org/theming-competition

</shameless-plug-for-theming-competition>

Mike