[mythtv-users] time zone with distant frontend

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:20:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> Oh.  So now the MythTV project has been drafted into the IP Gestapo.  It
> annoys me to no end when product providers try to tell me how I can and
> can't use their product.  There has been zero innovation in the DVD
> player market because of exactly this.  I sure hope MythTV does not get
> into this game.  Just provide the product and let me decide how I am
> going to use it, please.
>
> b.

We are not your slaves.  The code is open, decide what you want to do
with that.  Until you start writing checks, writing code, and most
importantly, writing checks to lawyers, you'll get code written
according to the whims, ethics, and personal feelings of the people
doing the actual work.  What's more, this project has a long standing
policy of respecting the IP, copyright, and tort law of the United
States/United Kingdom, where the majority of the developers and the
project lead live.  This is nothing new-- expect a strong stance
against anything that would be considered theft, a violation of law,
or actionable to continue.  Open source does not mean I do your
bidding, it means you can take the source and start whatever seedy
project with it you like.

Robert