[mythtv-users] Automating the removal of SD/HD duplicates

mythtv at notleyc.fastmail.fm mythtv at notleyc.fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 29 19:26:31 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delayed response and thanks for your message...

> If the channels always air identical content, your best bet is to just
> change the callsigns to be identical.  If not, MythWeb's Don't Record is
> the way to go.  You could automate it through an ugly hack of a script
> that uses wget or curl or even Perl or Python's HTTP modules/support to
> just send the Don't Record command to MythWeb.

I'd picked up on this and have used this technique to cover the truly
identical channels split across DVB-S & DVB-T.  The problem with the BBC
HD channel is that it's not identical - it just converges with the BBC1
SD channel occasionally.  It makes finding the conflicts fairly
straightforward as I can search for anything with the same start-time
and title on the channels in question - I was mainly trying to short-cut
the process of removing the SD instance.

Cheers,
Chris