[mythtv-users] Match display refresh rate to video framerate

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:51:52 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/12/28 Schuren, Mark <schurenmark at versanet.de>:

> It shows 3 playbacks, first with 25fps, second with 24
> fps, and the third with a 60i video. Myth still detects
> (or calculates) exactly '49.832 Hz' for the 50Hz mode,
> and then picks the wrong one ('59.798 Hz') for 25fps video.
> I'm pretty sure that is the cause of the problem.

If you were using my xorg.conf you would have about a dozen of refresh
rates showing up.

http://www.avenard.org/media/Patches_%26_Add-Ons/Entries/2008/9/5_xorg.conf_and_specific_refresh_rates.html

No idea what you are doing ; your xorg.conf looks allright to me.

> Here is my xorg.conf:
> http://mythtv-users.pastebin.ca/1729357
> My TV does not support 25Hz or 30Hz modes, just 24, 50
> and 60. But even when ignoring the EDID values, I get
> the exact same results :(

Anyhow ; try trunk ; or recompile 0.22-fixes with
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23023 (it will apply nicely on
0.22-fixes).

It should fix your issue ; I take a much broader approach now ; 50Hz
will be selected for any rate > 49Hz and < 51Hz