[mythtv-users] Match display refresh rate to video framerate

Schuren, Mark schurenmark at versanet.de
Mon Dec 28 11:17:54 UTC 2009

Hi Jean-Yves,

I followed your suggestions and now use the predefined
modelines from the example I found in the archives of
your site. Still no luck :(

Here's my frontend log with -v playback:

It shows 3 playbacks, first with 25fps, second with 24
fps, and the third with a 60i video. Myth still detects
(or calculates) exactly '49.832 Hz' for the 50Hz mode,
and then picks the wrong one ('59.798 Hz') for 25fps video.
I'm pretty sure that is the cause of the problem.

Here is my xorg.conf:
My TV does not support 25Hz or 30Hz modes, just 24, 50
and 60. But even when ignoring the EDID values, I get
the exact same results :(

I really wonder what is different between your setup
and mine. I currently run NVIDIA 195.30.

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org