[mythtv-users] Automating the removal of SD/HD duplicates

mythtv at notleyc.fastmail.fm mythtv at notleyc.fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 29 00:07:12 UTC 2009

I've recently added a HVR-4000 card to my master backend (in
addition to an existing Nova 500T card).  Following some previous
posts on the list I've taken the approach of using the freesat
numbering scheme with 1000 added (e.g. BBC1 1101, etc.), which
seems to be working quite well.

I have an existing power search defined that previously looked
for a bunch of programs scheduled on callsigns 'BBC ONE' or 'BBC
TWO', which I've now modified to include 'BBC HD', which is
working well.  The only slight hitch is programs that are
simultaneously broadcast on BBC 1 & HD - I'm matching both at the
moment.
  I can obviously manually fix this in Mythweb by clicking 'Don't
Record' on the SD episode, but I'd like to create a script that
looks for duplicates of this nature and run it through cron.

Finding the matching programs is straightforward; however I'm not
entirely sure how to skip the recording.  Having done a bit of
trawling, I think the 'Don't Record' option in Mythweb creates a
new entry in the 'recordmatch' table with a 'type' of 8.  Before
I write my own script to do the same, I was wondering if anyone
knew if there was an existing myth command (either a network
command or something in the MythTV.pm module) that could skip a
particular instance of a custom recording?

Cheers in advance for any pointers.

Chris