[mythtv-users] Current Verizon FIOS experiences

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Dec 22 15:38:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 08:12:26AM -0500, greg pryzby wrote:
> (Top Posting)

I'm seriously tempted to not bother responding, but I will anyway.

> Looks like the HD-PVR doesn't have the codes to work w/ Motorola
> 6416-2 HD/DVR from Verizon FiOS.
>
> I have an email to support asking if this device is supported.
>
> I placed the IR eye over the yellow blinking diode (?) that flashes
> when I use the Verizon remote... assuming that is the right
> location.

Is your STB all silver with an oval window?  If so this is your
problem as the IR receiver is at the far left edge of the window
completely opisite from the remote activity LED.  If you have a
different type of STB, use a strong flashlight to shine throught the
window to find out exactly where the IR receiver is located.  The
HD-PVR blaster needs to be right on top of receiver.

As Jarod said, it's highly unlikely your STB can't be controlled by
the HD-PVR IR blaster.  If you haven't already done so, download the
comprehensive lircd.conf from blushingpenguin and start from there.  I
bet code 85 will work.

David
--
David Engel