[mythtv-users] Current Verizon FIOS experiences

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 22 14:55:27 UTC 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 8:12 AM, greg pryzby wrote:

> I built a windows VM to test the IR app and try to change channels.
>
> Looks like the HD-PVR doesn't have the codes to work w/ Motorola 6416-2 HD/DVR from Verizon FiOS.
>
> I have an email to support asking if this device is supported.
>
> I placed the IR eye over the yellow blinking diode (?) that flashes when I use the Verizon remote... assuming that is the right location.
>
> Happy that is it is probably the HD-PVR but sad that I spent lots of time trying to make it work and that my current (and only) device isn't supported. I don't want to get rid of the STB until Myth is working...

Hm. I'd be very very very surprised if the 6416 actually used a different remote command set than the 6200, since the remote I have for mine is a DVR one... Actually, model of your remote would be good to know, and I could double-check it against mine. I'd be more inclined to think either your blaster isn't quite in the right location, or its non-functional. Do you have another IR receiver on your myth box you could use to listen to the hdpvr IR transmitter? (I actually did the bulk of testing with my hdpvr and an mceusb transceiver hooked up to a laptop, transmitting via the hdpvr to the mceusb transceiver).

The range on the transmitter is REALLY short, if you don't have the dongle in exactly the right place (like, even if its off by an inch), you won't get squat.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com