[mythtv-users] Help? MythMusic has me stumped.

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:41:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

snip...

> You don't need to import something on each frontend system.  Once it's
> imported somewhere, it's imported everywhere if you've set things up
> correctly.
>
> You need an NFS mount to do this.

snip...

> Eric

Thanks, Eric.  Your post covered the details nicely for getting things
going with NFS.  I will probably do that.

In the meantime, I solved my immediate problem by going back to the
backend and deleting all the entries in the "Active Play Queue".  Then
I could import the music files on the frontend and play them.

On a related topic, is there any way to play the music directly from
the temporary, automounted, location that represents the flash memory
(SDHC, if any one is intrigued) contents without having to import it?
I suppose I could twiddle with the directory that MythMusic looks for
music in to point to the memory card, but it seems inconvenient to
have to do that each time I insert a different memory card since part
of the path is the volume name on the memory card.

Craig.