[mythtv-users] Mythvideo vs Mythweb Cover Art Filename Difference

Christopher Moore g8keepr007 at optonline.net
Sun Dec 20 20:06:23 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out why my cover art does not show on
mythweb.  I've read through the myriad of  threads regarding
permissions, file/dir ownership and linking the correct directory to the
mythweb/data/video_covers area.  Everything there is done.  Today, while
looking up one of my backed up movies by clicking on the imdb button (in
mythweb's video view), it found the coverart and placed it in the
correct location.  The important thing here is, the file was called
#######.jpg not ########_coverart.jpg.  Notice the suffix.  It seems
that Mythvideo (while in the Mythtv frontend) saves all of the cover art
files with the "_coverart" suffix, and it looks like the Mythweb plugin
doesn't know this.

With that said ... I have 2 questions:

Is my assumption correct about the different naming conventions?

Is there a way for me to point mythweb at the _coverart.jpg files
instead of ####.jpg ?

Thanks

Christopher