[mythtv-users] EIT (DVB-S) data problems

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 03:11:43 UTC 2009

2009/12/18 Christian <CvB at kruemel.org>:

> Does anybody have a suggestion for what I could try to change? I'd rather
> like to use the EIT data as formatted by mythtv than by tv_grab_dvb. But
> not having current data (and thus tv shows not being recorded) is not
> really the best solution.

Some initial suggestions:

i) turn off the 'useonairguide' flag for those channels you don't want data for
ii) check the EIT scanning timeouts in mythtv-setup
iii) run the backend with extra 'eit,siparser,channel' verbose logging
to highlight any potential problems
iv) check your database health with optimize_mythdb.pl
v) do a full rescan to ensure multiplex/channel tuning information is accurate

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott