[mythtv-users] New HDPVR Firmware Released

Vern spamvern at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 23:05:06 UTC 2009

> Has anyone actually tried flashing the new firmware? Looking at the comments
> referenced on SHS, they are dated in Oct (before the release). Could they
> have been looking at a beta version of this release and that's why they did
> not see any differences? I'm not at home to try the new firmware but I will
> when I get a chance.

Be warned -- with this firmware, I started suffering from audio/video
drift after a DISH vip211 automatic firmware update.  With the vip211
set to 720p and AC3 audio, the HD-PVR was recording audio properly at
59.94fps but video incorrectly at 60fps.  The audio lag started
becoming noticeable about 5 minutes in, and intolerable after ~15
minutes.  Reverting the firmware and changing to PCM audio fixed the

Does anyone know where I could find the older version of the
firmware to revert back to?  I am getting very out of sync audio at best
(none at worst) with the HDPVR just testing with cat and mplayer.  The
website seems to only carry the latest software bundle.