[mythtv-users] Setting up HD Channels with Analog Equivalent

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Thu Dec 17 19:36:13 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----

Yes, you can do that.  I do a similar thing with my FIOS HD-PVR and antenna.
I get locals via antenna and FIOS, so I have it setup so it will record
first from antenna, then from FIOS if the antenna tuners are busy.  The
guide only shows one entry for each channel, even though there are 4 tuners
behind each channel (2 antenna tuners, 2 HD-PVR's).

But in my case, both the OTA and FIOS channels that I have mapped to the
same channel, are truly identical.  Both are HD.  Both have the same
XMLTVID.  Both have identical listings data from Schedules Direct.  In your
case, where you want to combine different channels into one (HD and SD), I
think it will work, but I haven't tried it.

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin