[mythtv-users] Anyone using this card?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Thu Dec 17 16:14:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Donald J. Organ IV
<dorgan at donaldorgan.com>wrote:

> > Network. It sends a UDP stream to the computer and Myth saves it out to
> disk. It works very well, I have been using the dual tuner version for about
> 2 years now. A single HD stream is about 20Mbps, so even a dual tuner
> version doesn't use up a 100M line.
>
> OK I am sold...lol

A couple of us did sort of hit you at once. :) Oh, it also makes a nice IR
receiver if you need one. I keep the box out by one of the TVs so I can use
it that way.

Note that it is ATSC/ClearQAM only (the card previously mentioned is as
well). So if you use cable your cable company might not send the channels
unencrypted so you can receive them. I'm using an antenna, so it's not an
issue I've had to deal with personally, I'm just going by what I've read on
the list. It has been a very nice box though.