[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 23:40:55 UTC 2009

n Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> This patch worked well with the sample recording on my
>> system using
>> DRM vsync.  I didn't notice any offensive a/v sync
>> errors.  Thought I
>> notices a couple ghost-like frames but I'm not sure.
>>
>> Here's the log:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2386241/patch-v5-DRM.log.gz
>>

> Thanks for all your testing. I checked youf logs and it does look better. I did see one instance where 2 frames were dropped.
>
>> opengl vsync didn't seem to work on my mac-mini install,
>> even when
>> enabled it defaulted to DRM.  Previously it would run
>> opengl vsync, as
>> all my testing as been on this machine.  I'll
>> definitely try to
>> compile on my other frontend, with different hardware and
>> report back
>> with an update as to whether opengl vsync is working.
>>

> I've attached a new patch with a slight change for DRM and OpenGL vsync and some additional debug. Please try again and let us know your results.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Taylor

Taylor,

Thanks.  I compiled this patch on both my frontends.  my mac-mini
which seems to only work with DRM vsync played the sample I've been
using for testing well.  Again I noticed some ghosting of frames (my
terminology) most obvious place in the sample was at about :50-:55
seconds into the sample when they are walking up the stairs.

Here's the log file for that playback:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2386241/patch-v6-DRM.log.gz

On my other frontend which is a little beefier than the mini, and has
an integrated nvidia card, opengl vsync worked fine, and the sample
played back flawlessly.

Here's the log file for that playback:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2386241/patch-v6-opengl.log.gz

thanks again.