[mythtv-users] How to play audio CDs?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Dec 15 18:02:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> grip (as suggested by Yan Seiner).  Looks OK, displaying the track
> names, but I just get silence while it is supposedly playing (with the
> playback time indicator progressing normally without pauses).

I'm not familiar with grip internals, but this sounds like what I'd
expect if grip was not playing by ripping, but instead having the
drive do the digitial to audio conversion.  If the drive doesn't fully
support this, or if you haven't connected the audio cable to the
drive, or you don't have the right mixer settings to enable the CD-in
line, then silence is all you can expect to hear.

Eric