[mythtv-users] rescanning scte65scan results

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Dec 15 16:18:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
> in myth 0.22 what's the best advice about rescanning with scte65scan once
> things are running ok?  I've seen some threads that suggest trying to
> update or modify the mysql tables may not work correctly.

I haven't found any acceptable simple solution to this.

scte65scan is a useful tool, but managing channels is still a largely
manual process.

The sql generated by scte65scan in update mode has no ability to add
or remove channels.  You really need to generate both the insert
script and the update script, and manually merge them, figuring out
which channels to add, which to update, and write your own drop lines
for ones to remove.  I haven't found any better way.

Also, keep in mind that scte65scan has no ability to report on HD
channels, even if they're available without encryption.

Eric