[mythtv-users] Proposed new Myth frontend/backend

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Mon Dec 14 22:52:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 18:48, Donald J. Organ IV
<dorgan at donaldorgan.com> wrote:
> What does everyone think about using the following for a front/back end.
> http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13032186
> Eventually I will add an HD-PVR to record HD from the cable box.

Why not go for a newer (and cheaper) VDPAU card?

You need a micro ATX motherboard for that case. Any of these should be fine.

You might consider going with 2 drives just to mirror. I know it's
only television, but I've had a disturbingly high failure rate in the
last few years when buying drives based on lowest cost per GB. It's
still a pain to rebuild the system.