[mythtv-users] Is it possible to use EIT and xmltv for different channels on the same encoder ?

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Mon Dec 14 13:13:43 UTC 2009

> I don't think both EIT and xmltv are supported on the same channel,
> though they are supported for different channels on the same source.
> You could try removing the xmltvid on one channel, just to see if
> that's causing a problem.

Actually, I think it is supported to have both, but it will never work the
way you want, unless the data between the two is 100% identical. My
experience is that there's always subtle differences between programme
titles between the two. One will call a show "The A-Team", while another
will use "The A-team". This will cause EIT and XMLTV to continually
overwrite eachothers updates for program data when they run. So, it is best
practice to only have one of the two enabled. Either enable the
"useonairguide" or set an XMLTVID, but don't use both.

Kind regards,

Mark