[mythtv-users] IONITX-C tearing 1080p

Chad Voelker chad.voelker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:25:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:30:23 "Bobby Schwartz" <rschwartz at lastar.com> wrote:
 > My setup right now:
 > HD-PVR output (h.264 @ 1080i)
 > Zotac IONITX (Atom 230, GeForce 9400) passively cooled
 > 1920x1080 output resolution
 > OpenGL vSync is OFF
 > VDPAU w/ Advanced 1x deinterlacing
 > TripleBuffer setting is absent
 >
 > I added the following section to xorg.conf.  Obviously you have to
restart X.

 > Section "Extensions"
 >    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
 > EndSection

I'm the originator of this thread, and I just wanted to close the loop
and say that my tearing has gone away. I have the same settings as
mentioned above with the following exceptions:
* HDHomeRun
* OpenGL vSync didn't seem to matter for me
* TripleBuffer didn't seem to matter for me

Bobby mentioned "The VDPAU w/ Advanced 1x deinterlacing" which got me
remembering that I don't recall being able to adjust the VDPAU playback
profile anymore, since I went to mythtv .22 with the Avenard patches. I
looked around and found the various playback profiles... I ended up with
"VDPAU Normal" which is working great for me.

Thanks!
-Chad