[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Thu Dec 10 01:19:44 UTC 2009

>> Not too up on the new NV numbering terminology, but what about the
>> GT210s?
>These are comparable to an 8300 or 8400 for VDPAU purposes. They won't
>do Advanced 2x on HD, but they will have the new support for

Hmmm.  Well, I still don't have any luck with my 8300GS with VDPAU.  It
has 128 MB on board, although nvidia-xserver-settings reports 512 MB
allocated (couldn't find any good BIOS setting to throw more memory at

Don't want to just get "another 8300", but the GT210 referenced above
has 1 GB of memory, is supposedly a successor to the 8400GS (much better
than the 8300GS) and has faster 3DVM vantage benchmarks ( * what ever
that means, probably related just to gaming) so it might do the trick.
The faster/beefier cards are going to have fans and/or draw too much
wattage for a myth box, I'd think.

Jon S.

(yeah, I've done some googleing since I said I wasn't up on the new NV
numbering schemes)