[mythtv-users] Remote Trouble works partial in mythtv and fully in xbmc

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:57:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:53 AM, Lasse Knudsen <lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JJ,
>
> thank you so far i have not seen that specific problem, i noticed that the
> mute button works aswell, i find it highly peculiar :)

It's possible that the pulse audio manager in xfce is acting upon the
input from the remote control.

I can't seem to locate the thread on how to disable it but there's an
xfce control panel option for disabling the autostarted programs. The
pulse audio manager will be listed in there, it was last on my list.

This was causing me to see duplicate osd popups for volume commands,
including mute.

-JJ