[mythtv-users] Mythtv FE in a frequent power loss environment

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Tue Dec 8 16:46:35 UTC 2009

Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> writes:

> Johnny Walker wrote:
>
> The ideal method would be to mount filesystems read-only. Send syslog
> to another machine (such as the backend) instead of local files and
> you can probably eliminate the requirements for any writable
> filesystems on a frontend. Alternatively, put all the logging on it's
> own filesystem and be prepared to fix it (ie reformat it) if it gets
> damaged.

I just mount /var/log as tmpfs, just like /tmp and /var/tmp. I also
symlink /etc/mtab to /proc/mounts, but that's mostly because I share
the same NFS filesystem between two diskless frontends. About the only
thing that's being written then is the myth caches. You could probably
mount ~/.mythtv the same way, but who really cares if you loose any
data there.