[mythtv-users] recommended IR transmitter?

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 22:36:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Alex Williamson <
alex.l.williamson at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the current recommended IR transmitter (that's actually
> available for purchase) these days?

I'm playing around with an Iguana IR from http://iguanaworks.net (the USB
version).  While their 1.0pre1 code never worked right, they just released a
pre2 version that works much better in controlling my dish box.

I'm using it to replace my old myblaster serial ir transmitter since I'm
going to a machine without a serial port. I ran some tests (wrote a script
to change the channel like 1000 times) and was changing channels and wasn't
disconnecting (like the pre1 version did).

--Ajay