[mythtv-users] recommended IR transmitter?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Dec 7 14:38:49 UTC 2009

At 1:37 PM -0700 12/4/09, Alex Williamson wrote:
>I think this leaves USB-UIRT and
>CommadIR.  Are there others?  is the CommandIR worth double the price
>of the USB-UIRT?  Thanks for any comments.

I've been using a UIRT for several years now, and love it. I don't
even have it pointed directly at the DISH receivers it's controlling,
yet the only time it ever misses a channel change is when somebody
happens to step right in front of it while it's blasting IR.

In terms of RX, the only problem I have is that my TV's fluorescent
backlight interferes with the signal from my remote for the first
minute or so after the TV starts up, making for lost keypresses.