[mythtv-users] Somewhat OT: Comcast takeover of NBC Universal

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Dec 4 23:59:02 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Friday 04 December 2009 04:22:51 pm Aaron wrote:
>
>> We have always been NBC watchers, but in reality lately we've had to
>>
> start
>
>> watching other channels due to NBC just sucking hard...  They've had so
>>  many good shows that they just screw up, or cancel way too early.
>>
>> This latest thing with Jay Leno is crappy as well, I like Jay, but
>> common.... enough with the talk shows already.
>>

> They are cheap to produce. Not as cheap as "Reality Shows" (where the
> performers show up for free), but a LOT cheaper than dramas or sitcoms,
> and especially good quality documentaries.
>
> NBC has gone from #1 to dead last, but the networks always seem to move
> up and down a lot.
>
> Comcast won't help things, they make G.E. (self-admitted felons) look good
> by comparison.
>
> The Comcast takeover of NBC is not in best interests of the public, who
> supposedly own the airwaves they make their profits from.
>
> But money talks in the USA, and nothing any of us can do will change that.
>
> Let me get this straight: If I were to be convicted of even a minor felony I
> would be unable to own a firearm, but G.E. admits to multiple major
> felonies, and is permitted to make (and thus to own) nuclear weapons.
>
> Huh?

It's a good deal for GE and it's stock holders (as I am)..Jack Welsh
bought NBC from RCA for 3 billion and is selling it for 13.5
billion...Not a bad deal.. I am sure you know GE owned NBC,back in the
earlier years of television,they sold it off when they off loaded their
cable business ( I think that was cablevision).. Yeah, They have pulled
some shady deals,but name one company who don't push the envelope... I
worked for them for many years...Overall a good company to work for..

I will admit that the programing is in the toilet..I can't think of even
one program i watch on NBC...