[mythtv-users] Nightly shutdown + RTC Wakeup

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:55:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Drew Bernat <abernat at zathras.net> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Mitch Gore wrote:
>
> 1. This is a diskless server for my frontends.
> 2.  Box servers DHCP and DNS
>

> I have a similar setup, although more complicated. I moved DHCP and DNS to
> a Linux install on my router (DD-WRT actually) and have the frontends wake
> the backend up when they start. That way the backend can be off except for
> when it's recording.
>
> Configuring the frontends was a bit of a pain but not too bad. You still
> need a server somewhere to feed them boot images, but that's done by a (3rd)
> machine that's on all the time anyway.
>
> Drew
>
> --
> Drew Bernat
> abernat at zathras.net

I have thought about doing this but I run an ASA for a firewall and it does
not have a DNS client.

I dont have a NAS for diskless.  All the storage is local.  So diskless
boots off the backend and the backend boots off diskless.

I really do not want the diskless machine to wake the backend when I turn it
on.  This would make the frontend take a lot longer to start as it would
have to boot the server, wait...then boot itself.

Any one have  script that i could modify that would use mythtv shutdown
cmd's that would do the if statement above?

Thanks,

--
Mitchell